Plumbing in the Home/Kitchen sink leak

My mother had problem with water draining slow from the kitchen sink drain where the gargage disposal is located; my brother used a liquid-plumr type of solution to clear blockage.  The drain was cleared but now when water runs, water seems to come from the side of the cabinet.  The pipes are dry so they don't seem to be leaking.  Any idea where water is coming from?  

Thank you for your time.

Hello Aida,
I am not a big fan of liquid drain cleaners. Many of them are extremely caustic and can damage piping and cause leaks.

That being said, this type of problem is not one that lends itself to being diagnosed long distance via e-mail. Somebody will actually have to come and inspect the problem and determine where the water is coming from. Anything I do would be pure guesswork and probably not very helpful.
Good luck, Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal