Plumbing in the Home/Leak in the Saniplus pipe

Question
bathroom floor
bathroom floor  

saniplus
saniplus  
Hello Dana, I have a question about a wet/damp carpet area that is just outside the bathroom in our basement. We had a drain cleaner pro come yesterday and he mentioned that one of the possible causes is a leak in the pipe between the shower stall and the saniplus (http://www.saniflo.com/product-details-for-saniplus) that might be seeping into the tile and below the ground and surfacing as the wetness that is just outside the bathroom. I have asked our warranty company to send someone to look at the leak, but am just wondering if using a sealant might fix this. The pipe leading from the shower stall to the saniplus looks like it has an angle to it and might need a pro. Any advice would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi Michelle,
Difficult to tell from the picture but there does seem to be some slope in the shower drain in the wrong direction.

If it is leaking somewhere under the shower pan area that is not visible it will be difficult to diagnose as well.

In my opinion, I would not put a lot of hope on the warranty company.  They're in business to make money, not pay it out and will often find some way to avoid paying for needed repairs by claiming "prior condition" or "not properly installed" etc. They will then try to charge you for the needed repairs.  Get a second opinion if this happens.

In any case, this will take a professional on site to track this down. Without being there to investigate, I would only be guessing.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick