Plumbing in the Home/Leaking kitchen sink.

Question
Hello, My kitchen sink is leaking.  When I use the tap about 5-10 minutes later water goes under the cabinets along the kick boards and into my lounge room on the carpet.  The sink has no problem with draining and there are no leaks from under the sink inside the cabinet. All pipes are tight and there are no leaks from the pipes under the sink.  What do I do to fix this.
Thanks.

Answer
Hello Dianne;
My best guess is that the faucet (tap) is leaking at the base somewhere and getting down behind the cabinets.
Dry the area around the base plate of the tap very well and then use it normally. When done, check the base area again for moisture. Some times toilet paper is a good material to use for this. It will quickly absorb any moisture and turn a bit dark, revealing any moisture it comes in contact with.

Make sure the cabinet back splash area behind the tap is well caulked to the wall if it is not.

Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick