Plumbing in the Home/bath/shower diverter

Question
You were so quick to respond to my last question I decided to hit you up again..lol..Anyways I have a bathroom where the bath/tub has 3 handles. When you turn the diverter handle to direct water to the shower it comes out both the shower head and the tub spout. I did remove and clean the shower head but still get water out of both. I did change the washer on the back of the valve but that did little/nothing. Are there o-rings or other washers involved inside the stem/valve? I believe its a delta setup. Many thanks for your fast responses.

Answer
Hi Mike
A diverter stem usually has more than one washer/o-ring that controls the water flow. If all else fails, you can always try replacing the stem itself. Also look inside the valve body and make sure there is no debris or damage on the seat where the washer seals.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick