Plumbing in the Home/cold water clogged

Question
the cold water in one half of the house is clogging with debri in the line. gravelly, possibly hard water buildup breaking down, etc.  We do have very hard water and our lines are 40 years old.  We have cleaned the filter to washing machine but this is second time needed in a month. Just cleaned toilet valve and it flushed twice then backed up again.  Last few days, washer, sink, bathtub and toilet on the far end of house would not flow.  We are in a rural area, water pressure is typically very good and the front half of house nearer main flows fine and does not have this problem.  Suggestions for short and long term fix would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Dee,

This type of question is outside of my expertise....  I have encountered this problem before but was wrong in my diagnosis each time.

Rather than point you in the wrong direction, I will simply recommend that you bring in a plumber to examine the problem and test things to resolve them in the best way.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler