Plumbing in the Home/Hot water boiler furnace

I have had a  problem with pulsating water from my faucets.  I checked the furance and found that the junction box attached to the Holding tank makes a clicking noise evertime the water pulses. The plumber is telling me that the "baffles" in the holding tank are worn out and that I need a new tank and some valves. Estimate replacement and labot $550.00  Does this sound right?  Any other thing it might be or less expensive fix???. The tank is about thirty years old. Furnace is newere - 2004

He also said that the box that houses the coil is rusted andneeds a gasket to keep it from leaking and destroying the coil inside - $350 to clean existing box and put in new gasket..

Hey Phil,
Sorry I really can't give you an answer to this question being that is is out of my area of expertise but after looking at all of these sites I have learned that your price is just a little higher than one that I found by about $75 and that was with them using one of the higher end tanks, (Well-x-trol WX-250, 44 gallon).  What brand are they putting in and what size is it?  After you look at these sites you will know much more and be able to make a much better decision.

Replacement Costs:

I know this is alot to take in but it will educate you on exactly what is going on with yours and I know it will help you get the best price for the job.
Good Luck!

Plumbing in the Home

I have worked in Electrical Engineering for 30 years in power distribution and am now a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer, but I am a handy homeowner more than anything else and have a lot of skills when it comes to home repairs. Bathroom remodeling, flooring, painting, reconditioning old wood items, plumbing, car repairs and troubleshooting most problems. I think of myself more of a teacher than someone that is going to tell you exactly what you have to do, but I will share as much info as I have to help get your problem fixed, so if you are not interested in learning then don't ask me a question or rate me if you don't like my answers. To me, it is all about the journey so lets share the trail for a short ride and see where it takes us! I also want to give thanks to both my Mom, who has passed and my Dad, who raised us with the "Can Do" attitude and instowed such confidence in not only my life but everyone that ever came in contact with them. You can do anything that you set our minds too if only you can break it down into pieces and just tackle one piece at a time, for the rest will fall into place.

My greatest accomplishment was finishing my first bathroom upgrades in my first home which helped me to sell my home is less than 3 days by myself with a For Sale By Owner sign and no more. Plus I got $10,000 more for it in just 4 years of owning it, now that is great equity.

I am CEO and founder of Spirit Heart Therapeutic Riding Center, inc a 501c3 Non Profit for Rescued Horses and At Risk Kids. It is because of my own Mother intervention, who stepped up and shared her own love of horses with me as an at risk child myself that she planted this seed. So this program was created and is her Legacy that I have been so guided to share with those in need. We teach natural horsemanship to both horse and child and I get to watch some pretty amazing things happen. The kids learn to overcome fears, gain confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills where the horses have a chance at a life where they are trained, loved and respected and become a part of something that saves a child looking for a place to belong. If you support my Dream in bringing this program to life then please Donate to the cause and know that you are touching so many lives by doing so. God Bless You!

Nursing School, 1 1/2 years of a 2 year RN program, 1976 US Army, Intelligence School, Image Interpreter, 1977 Thomas Nelson Community College, Mechanical Drafting, 1980 Newport News Shipbuilding, Designer Training Program, 1981 School Of Hard Knocks

Honorable Discharge from US ARMY, Certificate of Achievement for Graduating with Honor's from Military Intelligence School, Ft Huachuca AZ. Award from Planning Research Corporation for a Job Well Done, NASA/Langley. Hand Selected to be an Internal Auditor for an ISO 9000 Certification Program for one of my longest employers, Lockwood Greene, ATL, GA. Multiple Letters of Appreciation.