Plumbing in the Home/installing a toilet on a concrete slab

I'm installing a toilet on an existing slab in a garage. There is a dwv stack outside the garage wall enclosed in a chase wall. The toilet will be tied in to the existing stack. I need to know how to build a platform for the toilet to set on.

George, once the piping is in place you will know how high or tall to build you platform. In the past I have used 2x6's on edge to build a box(so to speak)then topped it with 3/4" plywood. if the toilet is being installed in an area that may get wet, use treated lumber.Top the plywood with what ever you are using for finish flooring then set the flange and then the toilet. Make the platform large enough in the front to stand on when using it that way.Also so your feet don't dangle off the edge when sitting.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it