Plumbing in the Home/Old Vertical steam pipe

I have an old Vertical steam pipe that goes from the floor to ceiling and that system is not used anymore (using now regular radiators with different pipe). Those pipes never get hot. My question is if there is a problem cutting it, and if its no problem, how would it be best to cut and remove it.

Thanks in advance.

test the pipe:
you can buy a test kit from home depo
Re: what type of pipe ....asbestos pipe ? you may be looking at it

1.) look on line  for the test kits.. wet the pipe and chip off a small chip to test.
after it is tested and no asbestos is found
sazzall time rent this saz..good to go may be 55.00 a day

Plumbing in the Home

Carlos Mendoza 633601/bonded

Can answer: home owner only ( No Gas installs Homeowners call a pro!! ) Water systems :( copper installs/ pro plus gun ) ( Pex system/ hang gun / large expander gun 3/4" to 2".........poly lines for R V,s ) mist system and drip spa system/ pool: change outs L.A. city plumbing code: Health code Sewer : full system,s clay / a.b.s./p.v.c. copper

20 years as master plumbing contractor 633601/ bonded State of calif state board record is clean............

I have to list them I will be back

apartment age mag, of grater l.a.

Master Plumber

I will list

Home owners: all over L.A. your best bet is to look up the lic number with the state contractor lic board the state keeps track of me not home owners, if I was a problem the state would have listed it. also my $12,000 $500 hunderd bond is also clean. ---------------------------------- victorios restorante 10901 north hollywood ca 91605 tel 818 762-9000 ask for robert owner loc: north hollywood / Ventura bl barham L.A. / Burbank/ ......coming soon !! Van nuys