Plumbing in the Home/venting

Question
I am going from a 1 sink vanity to a 2 sink. I have to move a vent stack that is venting a tub and the vanity sink. Can I tie into my shower vent stack and would it work to vent 2 sinks, a tub, and the shower on the 1 vent stack.

Answer
Dear Robert,

Chances are very good that the shower vent would work for all of those fixtures, however in order to comply with plumbing codes and regulations it might be necessary to increase the size of the vent pipe. I believe a 2" vent would be adequate but you should check with the local plumbing inspector for the current and local regulations.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler