Plumbing in the Home/water pump

Question
Good day, I am located in an area that experiences loss of home water several times a week. I want to install a water storage tank to supply the home. Please advise what pump to use for this type of system.I was thinking to locate on out put side of tank that will be outdoors. Thank you. Hope you can help very desperate. Steve

Answer
Steve you are going to need a water pump used for potable water. It will need a bronze impeller. A standard shallow well pump will do the job. What you are basically doing is building a complete well system only using a large tank instead of a well to supply the water. The pressure tank will provide pressure and the pressure switch will make it all work properly. If you do this keep in mind that the water in the tank will get stagnant and bacteria will form. The water will have to be treated to  (chlorinated)keep it safe.

J

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas