Plumbing in the Home/foul odor from faucet and shower head

Question
Hi Carlos, hope you can help me. My house was built in the early 40's. Only on 1 side of the house do I get a foul odor coming from both the sink and shower head faucets when using cold water in my master bath. It has been suggested to me that it could be the water heater  but I question that since I don't have the problem on the other side of the house.  We are on city water, the property does have a well that was used for the water sprinklers, but hasn't been used in years and even then, the pump had to be primed each time before use. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Suarez

Answer
I think it time for a repipe 40 years..
The cheep way out of this is to install a pex system you can do it your self
In segments.
1.) Cold water main to the waterheater
2.) then from the hot water to the fixtures run the pex next to the old system
do the same for the cold water
the pipe is cheep go to home depo ask for pex pipe color blue=cold red=hot
ask the guy at home depo for sharkbits fitings  with the pex no tool is needed at all.
3.  

Plumbing in the Home

Carlos Mendoza 633601/bonded