Plumbing in the Home/Surging

My water is surging. When I push the air pin in water is spitting out. Does that mean bladder has a hole it and tank needs replacing or is there another fix.

Yes, the Bladder is bad and so is the tank.  Some tanks have replaceable bladders.  They are the not very dependable and changing the bladder can be a real experience.  I only tried it once.

Cycling a pump like you are doing now with the bad tank is the biggest killer of motors.  They won't last long cycling like that.  That is what causing the surging, the pump turning off and on every second or so.

Hers's a link to a very good Bladder Tank.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.