Plumbing in the Home/No water pressure in shower

I have a shower stall, no tub.  Water temp, and pressure is controlled by one knob.  What is just dripping of when I turn it on no matter low, high, cold or hot.  Pressure, water flow is normal everywhere else in house and in that shower bathroom.  Took off the shower head, water still dripping out.  

Steps to correct this?

Thanks for asking Tom,  Nice name by the way.

The problem is most likely in the shower valve behind the handle.  You will need to turn off the water for the house then dissassemble the handle and the shower valve.  Often what happens is that the washers inside become worn out, break loose and can clog the valve.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler

I am experienced at troubleshooting and solving all types of plumbing problems. Issues related to specific manufacturers fixtures and specifications though are beyond my field of expertise. I have dealt with problems in both rural and urban areas, and with water supply and drainage systems. Plumbing issues can be very obscure... such as odors, stains or occasional seepage. I have even had to chase rats from a customer's sewer line.

I have 25 years experience dealing with plumbing systems (which also includes hot water and steam heating systems). My main expertise is in diagnosing and solving problems. I have worked in construction and installation of new systems but do not regard myself as an expert in that area.

Asbury Park Press, Seattle Times, Denver Post.

I completed high school and one year of college. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps and have education in electronic and electrical troubleshooting and repair. I have attended classes on installing and repair of oil burners, and I have EPA universal certification for air conditioning and refrigeration. I am now enrolled as a full-time student at Everest college to re-train for a new career. Any donations of financial support would be greatly appreciated.

All of Denny's Restaurants in NJ, Several Burger King stores, I have done work at two different homes for Bruce Springsteen. I have also worked for Jim Johnson (of J&J) and his family, Whitney Houston, Steve Forbes and many others.