Plumbing in the Home/Hague water system

We have a Hague Water max whole house filtration system w/ softner.  We have always had the system serviced annually.  Is this necessary?  I've read lots of posts & seems folks only keep their salt up & that's pretty much it.  Our service fee goes up every year & is nearly $500.  Thoughts on this?

You are being ripped off!  Keep salt in the brine tank.  Not more than half full though.  Change the clock to the correct time of day when power goes out for long periods.  That's about it.  When it quits working, then have it checked out.  There is no service to perform other than changing the mineral, head or tank.  And if any one of the three goes bad, it's really time to change to a new unit.  Preferably not a Hague.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.