Plumbing in the Home/Kohler Rialto Toilet K-3386

Question
When I flush this toilet, which was purchased in 2006, the tank sometimes fills just a little or sometimes overfills or something in between. . .I never know. The plastic bar that screws up and down to adjust the water level in the tank does nothing anymore, there is water dripping from the valve when it fills (I don't think that really matters), & there is water that spews from the top of the valve (I put a small bottle cap on top to prevent it from spewing outside the tank cover onto the seat). I think that all that would be needed is a new valve #1006733, but that is discontinued, even though Kohler is still selling the toilet. How do I repair this thing. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Rubye,

At first I was concerned that your toilet might require something special, but I looked it up and reviewed pictures and diagrams of the inside parts. I really believe that a standard fill valve from any hardware store will work for you. If you have any doubts about it, then remove the valve that's in there now and take it to the store with you... someone there should be able to help you make sure that it would work.

Plumbing in the Home

Thomas Ambler