Plumbing in the Home/surging

Question
I am experiencing surging water pressure but when I check the tank the air pressure is right and no water comes out of the pin. Is there something else besides a bad tank that could cause this or another way to check the tank?

Answer
Are you checking the air pressure with water pressure in the system?  If so, you have to turn off the pump, open a faucet until the water stops flowing, then check the air pressure.  Otherwise, your reading system pressure.  You can also push the top of the tank to see if it feels heavy.  A tank with no water pressure on the system should be very light and should rock easily.

If you can tell me the brand and model of the tank, I can tell you the quality of it.  The age is important also.  If you find that it's bad, I do sell a a very good tank at a great price.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor