Plumbing in the Home/water pump


Thank you for taking the time to help with my problem.

I have an issue with my garage and back yard flooding during heavy rains. Without going into details, I have addressed issues of grading my lawn, ensuring drains are clear, and gutters diverted from the flood area. I am interested in some sort of gas-powered pump that I could use to divert some of the water to keep it from entering my home. I have found centrifugal pumps ranging from $179 up, and from 1"-3". Although this would be an important item to have, I would only need it on rare occasions. Do you have any suggestions as to what size I should buy? Are there other types than the centrifugal? Thanks again for your time.


I sell the Pacer Pumps.  They are relatively inexpensive, made of plastic so they are light but durable.  With a Briggs motor, you can buy a 2" self primer for around $375.00.  I know there are cheaper pumps out there, but they are low quality where the Pacer is very high quality and will work when you need it to.

If you want to know more about them, you can email me at


Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bob Tabor


I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.


I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.

©2017 All rights reserved.