Plumbing in the Home/water pump

Question
Bob,
Thank you for taking the time to help with my problem.

I have an issue with my garage and back yard flooding during heavy rains. Without going into details, I have addressed issues of grading my lawn, ensuring drains are clear, and gutters diverted from the flood area. I am interested in some sort of gas-powered pump that I could use to divert some of the water to keep it from entering my home. I have found centrifugal pumps ranging from $179 up, and from 1"-3". Although this would be an important item to have, I would only need it on rare occasions. Do you have any suggestions as to what size I should buy? Are there other types than the centrifugal? Thanks again for your time.

John

Answer
I sell the Pacer Pumps.  They are relatively inexpensive, made of plastic so they are light but durable.  With a Briggs motor, you can buy a 2" self primer for around $375.00.  I know there are cheaper pumps out there, but they are low quality where the Pacer is very high quality and will work when you need it to.

If you want to know more about them, you can email me at rt@pumpsandtanks.com

bob...

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor