Plumbing in the Home/flushed 3 ox cup down toilet

I accidently flushed a 3 oz Dixie plastic cup down the toilet-any way to dissolve it or get it out? We have plastic pipes and septic.
Thank you,

Hi Susan,
A 3 ounce cup can not be very large and the drain lines from a toilet are a minimum of 3 inches in diameter. It's not likely that it will get caught and will just flush on through the system. If it does get caught and you start getting backups at the toilet, you will have to have a line snaked to clear it.
Good Luck,

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal