Plumbing in the Home/Query...

Good day
With reference to a State Industries water heater I had the following questions:
Water has accumulated in the water pan at the bottom of the water heater. Is this normal?
The apartment has been vacant (no one using the water for 3 weeks) and the air condition was left on at 79 Farenheit (trip off mode).
What should I do?

Sam, If the heater has been off for a long period, condensation in the pan is normal when first fired up. If this is the case the water will disappear in a few hours. Light it, set it to  desired temp.  and check it in an hour or two, if water is still present or overflowing the pan then you may have other issues.  Note that it may take several hours to dry up depending on water temp and ambient air temps and humidity.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it