Plumbing in the Home/Toilet Running

Hi Dana,

What do you know about low flush toilets!
On Niagara's web site it says these toilets will not leak, ever! We don't know how to stop the water from running. It is a very low leak and you can barely hear it but it's there! The water is the bowl is constantly moving where the water is leaking in. I heard the flush master valve is adjustable but I don't know what that means! It is a Niagara Flapperless  1.6 gal. Any information will help.
Thank you, Loretta

Hi Loretta,
Conventional low flush toilets have been around for almost 20 years now. The basic technology is pretty much the same for all of them.

This particular one from Niagara is something new and I've never seen it before. I did a little research to see how it works. It seems pretty straightforward. The only failure point I can think of is if the fill valve doesn't shut off properly and continues to fill the tilt bucket which then overflows. This could be caused by a miss-adjusted float or debris inside the mechanism that is preventing the valve closing.

I would contact Niagara directly for help on this. A local plumber might be able to figure out what is happening but since it is guaranteed I would pursue Niagara's help desk first. Phone 800 831 8383
Good Luck,

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal