Plumbing in the Home/well pump

240 volts at top of inground pump not pumping

I assume you mean a submersible pump.  If you have 240 volts at the top of the well, but the pump isn't pumping water.  It could mean the overload protector has tripped, there is a large hole in the drop pipe or it could be a broken motor shaft.

Without more information, that's the best I can do.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.