Plumbing in the Home/Toilet bowl water low, tank filled

Question
Hi Dana,
In my spare bathroom when I flush the toilet, instead of the water draining from the bowl, it actually goes higher, then drains to almost nothing by the time the tank is done filling.  The tank is filled where it should be (about an inch below the water fill tube). I don't seem to have any issues in the nearby sinks.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jane

Answer
Hi Jane,
This sounds like a partial blockage in that line. It takes good flow down the drain line to clear the bowl properly.

Normally, the water level in the bowl is dictated by the height of the trap weir that is cast into the actual toilet base. There is no way to adjust this level. It does not depend on the water level in the tank.

Getting that toilet's drain line cleaned should handle this problem.
Best,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick