Plumbing in the Home/well pump system

Question
Hello,I relocated storage tank and metal bladder tank closer to the house. Everyones systems are in the middle of their yards. The deep well pump is located in the yard and I ran pipe from well to bladder tank from bladder tank to a six foot tall storage tank and back in house.  We turned the system on and the well surges on and off per second water spits out of the top of the well casing pressure valve.  When I turned the pump on and released water from the bottom of the storage tank I hear a thump coming from the bladder tank and hardly any water comes out of the storage tank when thump occurs.  We currently have no water tonight, I shut the pump off.  Tomorrow is labor day and I am at a total loss.  I have been researching for several hours now, and cannot come up with a solution.  The bladder tank is around ten years old, but it seemed to be working prior to my moving it.  Thanks for listening.  
-Frank

Answer
When you move a bladder tank or any tank that is to store water, the pressure switch must go with it.  Otherwise, the water hammer in the pipes isn't absorbed by the tank and the pressure switch hammers on and off in sequence with the pump.  You will have to move the switch to the tanks to cure the problem, or put a small tank out by the switch to stop the water hammer.

You can learn a lot more at my Website:  http://www.pumpsandtanks.com

bob...

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor