Plumbing in the Home/plumbing cancellation

We recently had a plumber over to repair the spray hose in the kitchen sink. His price was $185 and we signed the contract. Shortly after signing we found out that a competitor would have done it for $140. I asked the plumber whether we could cancel and he said yes, but when I asked him to do so, he wouldn't actually do it, stating that the company would charge him $25 for any cancelled contract. So he did the job. We called the company and they verified their policy of charging a cancellation back to the plumber. Isn't it true, however, that the customer has the right to cancel within three days? I am in California and I checked the consumers regulations which states "Homeowners who enter into contracts with contractors to improve, remodel or repair their homes almost always have a right to cancel the contract, without any penalty or obligation, within three business days after signing the contract." Was I within rights to cancel within 3 days, and was the charge-back policy legitimate? Thanks.

Hi, no problem
california 3 day cancl  no charge back all

you show him this the contractor.
Dear contractor:

As a lic  calif,master plumber of 25 years it is the home owner stop the work contractor you must cancel the contract or refund the money one or the other.
the owner will contact the board and require your (bond holder) pay back the money plus court time. and lost wages or just hit the bond.
(Home owner) ask the state lic board that you would to file on his bond and not go to court
no contractor with a mind will let you hit his bond. at all.
.....also look for any (mold build up )reported to the bond compy,

If your contractor has a mind he will give you back all of your money ..and run.

Plumbing in the Home

Carlos Mendoza 633601/bonded

Can answer: home owner only ( No Gas installs Homeowners call a pro!! ) Water systems :( copper installs/ pro plus gun ) ( Pex system/ hang gun / large expander gun 3/4" to 2".........poly lines for R V,s ) mist system and drip spa system/ pool: change outs L.A. city plumbing code: Health code Sewer : full system,s clay / a.b.s./p.v.c. copper

20 years as master plumbing contractor 633601/ bonded State of calif state board record is clean............

I have to list them I will be back

apartment age mag, of grater l.a.

Master Plumber

I will list

Home owners: all over L.A. your best bet is to look up the lic number with the state contractor lic board the state keeps track of me not home owners, if I was a problem the state would have listed it. also my $12,000 $500 hunderd bond is also clean. ---------------------------------- victorios restorante 10901 north hollywood ca 91605 tel 818 762-9000 ask for robert owner loc: north hollywood / Ventura bl barham L.A. / Burbank/ ......coming soon !! Van nuys