Plumbing in the Home/Toilet leak-girgle

Question
QUESTION: Hi Jay,
I had asked you a question a few weeks ago and I had the septic guy out her today. He said my tank does not have baffles,Florida tank, he pumped the tank, it was not full of solids, but water. He said I needed a new drain field, because the water was not draining properly. Could it be anything else? Water leaked on the floor while washing clothes, at the toilet nearest the septic.

ANSWER: Hi, After they pumped the system, did the leak and gurgling stop temporarily? If so, your septic guy may be right. The only other thought is a collapsed line or a clog somewhere between the toilet that's leaking and the line out to the tank.

QUESTION: Your comment-The only other thought is a collapsed line or a clog somewhere between the toilet that's leaking and the line out to the tank. Would the plumber look outside for this clog? and where?

Only when I wash a few loads of laundry the water appears in back of the toilet near the wall on the floor.
Do you recommend any products such as rootx for roots in the drainfield?

Thank you!

Answer
Hi, Yes if the drain field  is suspected of having a root issue, rootx and a product  call root destroyer work well.  the old timers used to use rock salt. They would pour a couple pounds of it into the  diverter box and as it dissolved the salt water would kill the roots.
The diverter is after the tank and where the leach lines branch of from.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas