Plumbing in the Home/delta faucet kurled cap stuck

Question
I need to replace the seat and spring for a delta faucet single handle.dripping.....the kurled cap is stuck and I cannot loosen it. I was able to take off the adjusting ring.
I tried soaking it and wrapped the cap thread area with in hot vinegar for days and nothing happened after tried to turn . i have hard water mineral buildup.....I afraid to put excessive force on it since it may break or turn the whole body. any ideas appreciated. thanks

Answer
Hi Bob,
Tough one!  I've had this problem and usually managed to trash the nut. You could try tightening it a bit first. sometimes this breaks the corrosion loose but not always. You've tried all the fixes I know short of splitting the nut and getting a new one from Delta. have you talked to Delta Customer Service?

Phone
If you need immediate assistance, call the Delta Help Line at 1‑800‑345‑DELTA (3358).

The Delta Help Line is available:
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST
Saturday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST

Email
customerservice@deltafaucet.com

Mail
You can also mail us at:

Delta Faucet Company
55 E. 111th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46280
U.S.A.

Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick