Plumbing in the Home/bathroom faucet leak

Question
Old bathroom faucet was dripping a lot. Decided to just buy a more modern fixture. Had it installed and the new fixture also drips. Not as much as the old one but 1/2 cup water in 24 hrs. No problem installing it ( my son says).I understand a little water stays in the spigot when you turn water off but I figure it shouldn't drip constantly. Its an American Standard single lever fixture. Old one was about 20 yrs. old. Thanks.

Answer
Hello,   Does it stop dripping eventually?  If so, then it's probably water caught in the shower riser pipe. If it does not, then there is either a bad cartridge in the faucet or debris is caught in the valve.. Normally when you change faucets you must flush the lines clean prior to installing.  Dissamble tithe faucet by removing the cartridge and flush the valve body out   Inspect the cartridge for dirt or debris , clean it, and put it back together. If it still leaks contact the installer or the manufacturer.  

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas