Plumbing in the Home/First floor toilet has giant gurging/burp

Question
Okay,

my house was built in 1925.  I've lived in it for almost 4 years.
When I first moved in I had the main sewer line snaked and scoped (no issues on the main line.  

The plumber suggested an annual snaking.

We have been away for 5 days for the holiday.

This morning the family was getting ready.  Three of us took showers in the 2nd floor bathroom.

After the third person finished their shower, about 5 minutes later he toilet on the first floor let out a giant burping noise and after about 5 to 10 seconds sprayed water all over the bathroom.

We've never had this happen before.

My initial thought is to have the main line snaked as I might have a partial blockage.

Thanks.

Answer
That's what I would do. If the drain is pressurizing enough to cause sewage to spray out of the toilet it is time to clear the lines. The plumber will be able to look at the layout and determine the most likely area of obstruction but generally I would be thinking it is a root problem and likely you need some serious main line cleaning. It is amazing how blocked a line can be with roots and still allow flow through the line.
Good Luck

Plumbing in the Home

Cortez (cort) Cate