Plumbing in the Home/Storage Tank Electronic Monitoring Meter.

Question
Dear Jay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_tank

It may or may not be useful, but is it possible to design and develop a system "Storage Tank Electronic Monitoring Meter with a display unit" which will allow us to view the Level of Liquid viz water, oil, gas etc storage in the Storage Tank and also possibly able to control other Storage Tank operations viz Start, Stop, Pause etc liquid, gas etc flow in the Storage Tank. The Storage Tank Electronic Monitoring Meter will have Push buttons GUI Interface.

The Electronic Monitoring meter system will be wired or wireless.

Is it feasible to design the above Electronic Monitoring Meter for Storage Tanks ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Been away, sorry for the late response. Although this is far from my area of expertise, it sounds to me like what your describing is already in existence. It sounds very much like what is in every modern automobile. A fuel gauge. they come analog and digital and do what you describe. In commercial trucks ,so have tank switch-over devices that monitor level and switch to alternate tank when low level is detected.  These devices have been adapted for use in  a multitude of applications for liquid monitoring.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas