Plumbing in the Home/One Bathroom Shower/Tub No Hot Water

Question
Hi Louie
I have a full bath that only has luke warm water in shower/tub; does not get hot; but the sink has hot water. And my other bathroom with shower no tub has hot water in shower and sink.

House is about 40 years old; have lived in for 20 years; problem just started recently. Is 50 gal w/h, electric. Nashville, TN.

Bathrooms are back to back but do not share wet-wall. Both elements checked OK with m/meter and T-stat is on 130 degrees. Even pushed reset button on element but no help.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
Don

Answer
Its the shower valve itself.  Most have a temperature or pressure sensitive cartridge and when they fail it will produce luke warm or not hot water.  Most also have an adjustment inside of them to increase the temp setting.  Without a picture of the valve I can go no further :)

Plumbing in the Home

Louie The Plumber