Plumbing in the Home/One Bathroom Shower/Tub No Hot Water

Hi Louie
I have a full bath that only has luke warm water in shower/tub; does not get hot; but the sink has hot water. And my other bathroom with shower no tub has hot water in shower and sink.

House is about 40 years old; have lived in for 20 years; problem just started recently. Is 50 gal w/h, electric. Nashville, TN.

Bathrooms are back to back but do not share wet-wall. Both elements checked OK with m/meter and T-stat is on 130 degrees. Even pushed reset button on element but no help.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Its the shower valve itself.  Most have a temperature or pressure sensitive cartridge and when they fail it will produce luke warm or not hot water.  Most also have an adjustment inside of them to increase the temp setting.  Without a picture of the valve I can go no further :)

Plumbing in the Home

Louie The Plumber

I can answer any questions. Period.

I am a 35 year Master Repair Plumber. I have owned my own repair company for over 20 years. My company has been the number one rated company on Angie's List for 5 years in a row. I have received the Angie's List Super Service Award for 5 years in a row. We are also the mosted rated company. We have almost a straight A rating across the board (99%) A's.

Angie's List

Master Plumbing License since 1987