Plumbing in the Home/NS-MIX

Question
I'm having a difficult time trying to find ns-mix which is used in home water
neutralizer systems.  What is the exact mixture of ingredients so that I can
possibly make my own instead.  Thanks.

Answer
I have never heard of NS-MIX, but Calcium Carbonate (Calcite) is what is used mostly for raising the PH of acidic water.  You can use an in/out head or an electric backwash head (similar to a water softener valve).  I sell the units over the internet but not locally as we have a neutral PH here in Florida.  Some people have surface water wells (20' or so) that have a PH of 5.5.  I have a couple of them myself but use the water on plants and grass only.  My house well is 240' deep with a PH of 7.6

We sell a 50# bag of Calcite for $35.39.

Do you know the size of your filter tank?  9" X 48" and 10" X 54" are the most popular.  1 Cu Ft and 1.5 Cu Ft sizes.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor