Plumbing in the Home/NS-MIX


I'm having a difficult time trying to find ns-mix which is used in home water
neutralizer systems.  What is the exact mixture of ingredients so that I can
possibly make my own instead.  Thanks.

I have never heard of NS-MIX, but Calcium Carbonate (Calcite) is what is used mostly for raising the PH of acidic water.  You can use an in/out head or an electric backwash head (similar to a water softener valve).  I sell the units over the internet but not locally as we have a neutral PH here in Florida.  Some people have surface water wells (20' or so) that have a PH of 5.5.  I have a couple of them myself but use the water on plants and grass only.  My house well is 240' deep with a PH of 7.6

We sell a 50# bag of Calcite for $35.39.

Do you know the size of your filter tank?  9" X 48" and 10" X 54" are the most popular.  1 Cu Ft and 1.5 Cu Ft sizes.

Plumbing in the Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bob Tabor


I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.


I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.

©2017 All rights reserved.