Plumbing in the Home/Tub drain plug bolt removal

Question
My apartment has a lift-and-twist style drain in the tub. It is a Keeney brand drain with no set screw or removable knob to access any kind of screw-head removable center bolt. Removing the plug was difficult; the lift-lock mechanism's nub (for lack of a better word) on the center bolt sheered off.

It is impossible to remove that bolt, which is brass. The base, where it threads into the cross-fittings, appeared corroded. Every pair of pliers I own that can get sufficient grip just scrape metal off of the bolt. It - and what it's attached to, thankfully - doesn't turn at all. I have applied WD-40 knockoff several times and let it sit for hours; the visible corrosion is gone. I have tapped the head lightly with a hammer to try to vibrate it loose to no avail.

What are my options for getting out this bolt so I can properly replace the plug?

Answer
With out seeing the actual part, I can give you a couple suggestions. First, soaking it in penetrating oil like WD-40 or Break-free is essential.  Then try using an E-Z Out tool. If all else fails you can drill it out and re-tap the threads. To be honest, I would more than likely just replace the whole thing instead of spending the time it's going to take to repair it. IF it can be repaired

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas