Plumbing in the Home/Plumbing Query .

Good day
If one is purchasing an old home, how does one check underground to determine the condition of the lines (water pipes etc.) to determine if they need changing?
I know that changing pipes and lines can cost alot, are there any economical alternatives.
How long are typical pipes / lines underground supposed to last and are there any alternatives that can last for over 100 years for setting lines, pipes etc. - to avoid major excavation cost in the future when it comes to repairs required.

You don't. Not really. Age alone is what defines it. You didnt tell me how old the house was, just it was old. Please be specific so I can help more.

Update: Please don't waste my time with asking a question, then not following up to my reply and question back to you. Better things to do. YOU are why experts don't hang around too long here....

Plumbing in the Home

Louie The Plumber

I can answer any questions. Period.

I am a 35 year Master Repair Plumber. I have owned my own repair company for over 20 years. My company has been the number one rated company on Angie's List for 5 years in a row. I have received the Angie's List Super Service Award for 5 years in a row. We are also the mosted rated company. We have almost a straight A rating across the board (99%) A's.

Angie's List

Master Plumbing License since 1987