Plumbing in the Home/Shower Pan Leakage

Question
Dear Carlos...
I am about to make the biggest decision of my life…At the age of 54, I am about to buy my first home.
The 46 year-old home is brick home and built on a wooden foundation.
Asking price was $69,900 & the seller has agreed to the asking price of $64,300….Being sold “as-is” which was not in the original MLS listing.
I have already hit one hurdle with having the house rewired by the seller’s son’s construction company & I am paying half of that cost.
There are other little odds and ends that need replacing especially wood-rot which “should be on the seller” per the inspector.
Now, after having the house inspected yesterday, there is a leak in the master bathroom’s shower….the shower pan per the inspector.
The inspector had three ways of looking at this…1st)  The seller needs to fix this since the shower is totally unusable; 2nd)  I can fix this after buying the house @ the tune of up to $2,000 because of how much work it would take to repair/rebuild the shower; or 3rd) Walk away if the seller does not come down in price.
The inspector also made a comment regarding a sealer for the bottom of the shower to see if that would help stop the leakage.
My question is regarding the sealer…Have you ever heard of anything like that?  Is it worth trying?
I have to let everyone know Monday if I am going to continue with this purchase.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blessings....

Nikki

Answer
plumber here..runningwolf
I was locked out of the system until now sorry......
But due buy the home.. remodel is buy a full (fiberglass 2 units shower) with a( built in ) (shower pan) this way no need to build a pan..
just pick up a good handy man the is good at sub-floor framing he can do the install
as for the plumbing drains  use A.B.S drain pipes
as for water lines use ( pex-tubing ) ask at home depo counter guys thay have all fittings and / ring re moval tool.

Plumbing in the Home

Carlos Mendoza 633601/bonded