Plumbing in the Home/How to access wall to get to plumbing

Question
My son has a house that was built in 1931. Just bought it.  Trying to put in a new sink.  Needs to replace galvanized pipe, but can't access it.  The wall is tile over wet mud bed. How do we access the wall to get to the pipe.  What tools are needed?

Answer
You want to ALWAYS go on the opposite side of the wall where hopefully, there is no tile and cut a hole in the sheetrock / plaster to get to the pipe.  If you HAVE to open up the tile part, to say the opposite side of the wall is tile also (the ONLY reason) then you have got a real mess on your hands.  98% of the time, the opposite side is easily accessible.

Plumbing in the Home

Louie The Plumber