Plumbing in the Home/Pegasus simular problem

Question
We purchased a Pegasus 9200 shower bath kit as well  and we are having the same problem as another of your advice seekers. The cold water is almost non existent yet the hot runs well. Unfortunately, we are no longer under warranty because this change over seems to have taken two and a half years because other project took precedence over cosmetic changes. I was looking for any helpful hints or a direction towards cartridge spool and housing. a family member on the phone said that's what it may be. So frustrated after finally finishing the Shower to have this issue.
Thanking You Val

Answer

Hi Val,
The valve will be either pressure balance or scald guard (Temperature Controlled) and will have adjustments that you must set correctly on the handle or rather inside the handle....Some valves also have integrated stops and i have seen Pegasus advertised as having integrated stops.
Integrated stops will be a screwdriver controlled valve built into the valve body and normally you have to remove the large flange or escutcheon to access the stops (one hot one cold) if you cannot get enough cold water by opening the cold stop it could have some foreign material lodged in the body...

Read your instructions and determine what type of valve you have. even though your valve is out of warranty it won't hurt to call and ask about your problem...

good luck  

Plumbing in the Home

Cortez (cort) Cate