Plumbing in the Home/About showerhead hoses

Question
showerhead hose
showerhead hose  
QUESTION: Greetings, I hope you can help me. I have 2 showerhead hoses that I would like to join together how can this be done. I attached a picture of the hoses to be joined. Thank you for your help with this.
Best Regards,
Melody Williams

ANSWER: take them to your local hardware store and buy a 1/2 chrome plated brass nipple. just ask the clerk to help you.

QUESTION: I just wanted to say thank you for your help. I did a search of plumbing pipes parts and had found the nipple and I thought it would work, so you confirmed my thoughts. Thank you so much and have a great day. Melody

Answer
Hi Melody,
Thank you for the response. Generally the shower hose fitting is 1/2" pipe thread as it usually is attached to the shower arm which is 1/2" pipe thread. It is important though to get the Chrome Plated Brass nipple as it will not rust. If you use a standard galvanized steel nipple and don't care about the appearance so much it will be okay but it (steel) tends to rust; but the steel is much cheaper so it is an option. If you don't care about the appearance that much but don't want to contend with rust you could use a plain brass nipple which while much more expensive than the steel it is about half the price of chrome plated....you only need a very short nipple unless your are trying to gain more length. ALSO another alternative is to use a schedule 80 pvc nipple and it is much less expensive than the brass and may be less expensive than the steel too...the schedule 80 PVC is a dark gray color and may not be too noticeable when connected.

Sounds as though you may have already cured your problem but just in case this info may help a little.

good luck, cort

Plumbing in the Home

Cortez (cort) Cate