Plumbing in the Home/plug line

Question
I am trying to plug the end of a copper tubing line. The flare nut initially tightens on the first few threads of the plug then spins freely and will not tighten any more. What can be done to resolve this problem and plug the line? Are there any alternative solutions to prevent water flow from the end of the line?
Thank you

Answer
Hello AG,
The most effective way is to sweat a copper fitting cap on the end. The end needs to be cut clean and square and be clean. There must be no water running at the time.

Alternately, look into a "Sharkbite" fitting, possibly even a valve.
http://www.sharkbite.com/product/end-caps/
Sharkbite fittings are designed to work by pushing them in place and usually require no tools. They are self sealing and removable.

Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick