Plumbing in the Home/Tub drippy

tub drips
tub drips  
QUESTION: My Moen tub faucet is dripping. How would I fix it?

What parts will I need and tools?

Thank you,

ANSWER: It probably needs a a new cartridge.  here are instructions direct from Moen.

Not that hard, just remember to turn off the water to the house.

QUESTION: Where is the cartridge on the tub faucet? Do I need the old one out to order a new one or are they standard?

The cartridge is behind the handle, inside the wall valve. Did you look at the link I sent. it's all there.  it shows both a sink faucet and a tub/Shower valve replacement.
It wouldn't hurt to have the old cartridge when you go to get the new one so you can match it up exactly.

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal