Plumbing in the Home/broken gate valve

Question
Gate valve
Gate valve  
gate valve broke while turning,I want to change the gate valve but the pieces of the back of the gate valve is welded to the nut behind the valve and there is not enough thread to put on another one.Is there anyway this be could fixed? Thanks

Answer
Hi J.
I don't think it's welded, probably soldiered per the picture. The best way to handle this would be to undo the straps holding the pipe to the wall to get some working room and cut out the old valve. I would cut the pipe back 6" or so both ways for room to work. Then use new pipe and couplings to build a new setup using a new 1/4 turn ball valve rather than a gate valve.  If you are not able to do the soldiering, you will need to get a pro in there to handle this.
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick