Plumbing in the Home/Low water flow

This home was built in 2007 with PEX plumbing including manifold system.  The home has been for sale for about 1 1/2 years and is not lived in.  When water is first turned on we have some pressure but after a few min it goes down to a very small trickle to a drip.  The pressure gage reads 180 coming into house, but almost none at fixture's.  Do you have any suggestions?

I have never seen a public water supply incoming at 180psi so I am assuming it's a typo. My guess is you either have a broken pressure regulator or perhaps a broken shut-off valve. Sometimes the valves break internally and water is able to seep by but when full flow is needed it can't deliver. Gate valves are noted for this in that the gate inside the valve detaches from the stem. The handle turns normally but it is not opening or closing the valve. I would get a plumber over and have it checked out.
Also, if the pressure valve is in fact reading 180psi, have it replaced.

Plumbing in the Home

Jay Nicholas

Plumbing & Heating (warm air, hot water & steam heat)

40 years in the business, 35 years as a lic. master plumber in NY State. Retired

Graduated Magna cum laude at the School of Hard Knocks

Commercial, residential and light industrial. You name it ...I have probably worked on it