Plumbing in the Home/tieing in to existing stack to add toilet

Hi, just wondering approx. cost to tie in to existing cast iron stack upstairs to add a small bathroom to my cape; upstairs has never been finished and it's just subfloor and rafters. I'd like to start finishing it and have insulated it so far. I don't like the area where the existing stack is as it is right at the top of the stairs in the eaves and would really like it further to the left by the end window....the length of the house is 28.5 feet and right in the middle is the stack and I'd like to tie in and bring it to the left about 12 feet. thanks

Hi joann,
This is not something that can be easily estimated from afar. You will need a plumber to come in and actually look at the layout and determine the best way to proceed. It is possible to do it but just how requires an on-site visit to look.

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal