Plumbing in the Home/Toilet- Flapper

Question
I just bought a new flapper for my toilet. When I installed it, it seem perfectly fine. But when I filled the toilet back with water and try to flush it. The flapper would stay upright. It works fine when there is no water but when it is filled with water, it wouldn't go back down. please assist. thanks

Answer
Hello Jackie,
This can be caused by several things. Sometimes" "universal" replacements do not fit properly. Even if you have the proper flapper, it can hang up if the lift chain/strap is adjusted too long and tangles on something. Some toilets that are "low flow" actually have a small Styrofoam float attached on the lift chain and that can get hung up.  I would actually need to see and watch the action as the toilet is flushing and refilling to determine the problem.
Best,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick