Plumbing in the Home/water pressure

Question
Hello, I live in an area where we have a community well in California. I've noticed lately that our water pressure seems to be going down. I have checked mine and three of my neighbors pressure and it's at 25 psi or a little below. My question is, Is this below some sort of industry standards or legal minimums? It's becoming more and more of an issue. Some of my neighbors are 20-25 feet higher in elevation than we are, they must be closing in on 15 psi.
Thanks for your response, Spence Sealey

Answer
Hello Spence,
I feel for you. Low pressure is a problem.  The "functional" range is considered to be between 40 psi and 80 psi.  This is the industry standard that plumbing fixtures are designed to work with.  Outside this range, they will not work as intended.

It should also be mentioned that we are in a drought and that may have a lot to do with this. Water tables are dropping and some of the systems wells may have gone dry.  This may be causing some "rationing" or limited supply. There is a trade off between perceived supply and consumption.

As far as a mandatory minimum?  I don't know.  Lots of regulations in this area that I've never dealt with.  I would check at the County and State level for this.
Good Luck
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick