Plumbing in the Home/New Bath Tub Installation

Question
New Tub
New Tub  

Drain1
Drain1  
I am installing a new bath Tub, it is steel. It came with a formed foam pad underneath it that is level with the outside part of the tub that comes down and meets the floor. Now from what i understood you usually set the tub in mortar or something of that nature but it looks like this tub possibly just sits directly on the floor on  top of the foam pad? It states warranty void if removed and it is sloped from back to front.

If the answer is yes to that question (does it just sit directly on the floor), then i assume i will have to move the drain directly under the tub because the old tub was off the floor enough that it had a pipe that came out from the drain horizontally and entered the drain pipe with a "T" of sorts.

Answer
tub drain
tub drain  
Hello Jake,
Yes, replacing an above floor tub with a conventional type will require re-working the drain system. Normal tubs require the trap to be below the floor.
Look at this page...http://edmondbathtubrefinishing.com/bathtub-plumbing-installation-drain-diagrams
Good Luck,
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick