Plumbing in the Home/dead grass over septic tank

dead grass
dead grass  
Several weeks ago I began to notice a rectangular area of dead grass over the septic tank area and a bit beyond it.  Other than that, I haven't noticed any other issues. The area doesn't appear to be wet and we haven't had any issues like slow drains, backups, etc. We last had it pumped 3 years ago. I keep reading on the internet that it's most likely a soil issue because the tank is probably shallow. During the summer months though I have noticed that the area is greener than the rest of the grass so I assume there is some leakage.

Hi Jeff,

I'm not a septic specialist, but it could be that because of the grass being greener in the summer over the tank; some kind of bug moved into that area and is eating the roots.  Like chinch bugs and mole crickets do.

I mean, in the summer it was lush, so you know the tank itself isn't hurting the grass.

Plumbing in the Home

Bob Tabor

I am a Water Well Driller and Water Pump technician. I own a business in Riverview, Fl. We repair motors and pumps in shop and in the field. We repair and replace submersible and jet pumps, galvanized and bladder tanks, and their controls. Water filtration is another one of our specialties.

I started drilling and repairing wells and pumps with my dad in 1958 at the age of 13 years. I worked with him on weekends and in the summer when not in school. After graduating high school, I worked for my Dad until going into the Army in 1968. I spent three years in the Army then went back into the Well Drilling/Repair field.

Many Forums including my own.

High school and a few courses after getting out of the Army. They were offered on the GI Bill.