Plumbing in the Home/Leaky sprayer

sprayer bottom
sprayer bottom  
My faucet sprayer is stuck, it keeps spraying when I turn on the water. Any suggestions?
Can I take it off and get a new one? Just the sprayer and how does it come off? ? Photo attached

There are a couple of things...The first is to "de-lime" the sprayer by taking the spray head off and soaking it in vinegar or CLR or something. The spray head can be removed by unscrewing the collar at the bottom. (The collar stays on the hose)  This is a very common stray attachment and should be easy to replace if de-liming does not work.
The other thing that it could be is a faulty or limed up diverter which is at the faucet end of the hose, under the sink. That too can be replaced.
Good Luck,

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal