Plumbing in the Home/question on plumbing

In installation of plumbing into a shipping container converted to an office container, what plumbing options are available and can be installed into the office container is one wants to consider installing a sink, toilet and shower.
How would such a plumbing system work, what would be required and where would the lines be run.
Also where and how can i learn more about plumbing for office containers.

Hello Sam,
A box is a box is a box. There really isn't any substantial difference between the shipping container and a regular room in a standard building. Obviously the shipping container has steel walls and no stud bays to run the plumbing in.

What are the plans for finishing the interior walls in the shipping container? Typically, at least the bathing and toilet area are enclosed with some sort of wall. Any plumbing as well as electrical wiring would be able to be concealed inside these walls. The other thing to consider is access under the container. The building drain portions of the plumbing would need to exit out through the floor of the container and be run below it. The container would have to be raised on a foundation or supports of some type to permit the running of pipes.

Good luck with your project.

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick

Pretty much any residential plumbing questions. For "item specific" details such as a specific model of fixture, I will need to research and there may not be any useful information available. Note: I live and work in Southern California. We do not, as a rule, use hot water or steam heating systems, oil fired boilers or private water wells so my knowledge in those areas is pretty limited. There are others here on AllExerts that can probably answer those questions better.

Retired, Licensed General Contractor with Plumbing license. Active Home Inspector, Litigation Consultant and Infrared Thermographer, Online Marketing specialist.

Publications "Rain Maker" as "Inspector Dana", about making money online.

30+ years in the building trades, Licensed General Contractor (Retired), Certified Infrared Thermographer Internet Entrepreneur, Amazon & eBay Merchant (deals-by-dana)

Listed FHA Fee Inspector, FHA 203(k)Consultant, HUD Mobile Home Inspector

Home buyers, sellers and owners, Investors, Commercial roofing companies (infrared roof scans for moisture intrusion, Litigation Consulting for "Slumlord" laws in SoCal