Plumbing in the Home/septic tank pumping out estimate

Hi! Thank you ahead of time for doing this...I think its wonderful of you to share your knowledge to people!  My question is very simple...I would just like a simple estimation of the cost for this service. I know its only an estimation, but it would at least give me a small idea of the money we will need. We have lived at this rental for 3 years now, and have learned when the toilets and bathtubs bubble, its time for Rid X. I think we may be past that point now because when two things that require water are going, such as shower and wash machine, things are now overflowing and Rid X is in the tub from the overflow. So, just an idea of the cost for a septic tank pumping would be great! Thank you so much...and have a blessed day!!!

Hey Paula,
First, thank you for being so sweet, I believe in sharing and I love helping and teaching others like yourself.  But as a rental, unless you own it, you should not have to be the one to pay for this but not knowing what kind of arrangement you have I may not be correct.  Pending on the size of your tank, mine is 750 gallons and there are larger ones at 1000 gallons.  Expect to pay from $149 to $250 pending on how much sludge there is.  Some companies are now charging extra for sludge so question them on this up front so they don't hit you with an unexpected fee once they come out and do the work and have them give you an estimate first. They should also offer free estimates and inspection, if not call around until you find someone that will offer this and ask questions about how to keep it working at its best like never use antibacterial soaps or put grease down your kitchen sink and use toilet paper that is approved for septic tanks, it does make a difference.  Rid X helps but I have also been told that I doesn't and I have done lots of research on it and I have not found anything that proves it doesn't help! I used Septic Helper for years and paid big bucks for it and I did get over 15 years between pump outs but what do I know, LOL!  
I hope this helps and good luck!

Plumbing in the Home

I have worked in Electrical Engineering for 30 years in power distribution and am now a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer, but I am a handy homeowner more than anything else and have a lot of skills when it comes to home repairs. Bathroom remodeling, flooring, painting, reconditioning old wood items, plumbing, car repairs and troubleshooting most problems. I think of myself more of a teacher than someone that is going to tell you exactly what you have to do, but I will share as much info as I have to help get your problem fixed, so if you are not interested in learning then don't ask me a question or rate me if you don't like my answers. To me, it is all about the journey so lets share the trail for a short ride and see where it takes us! I also want to give thanks to both my Mom, who has passed and my Dad, who raised us with the "Can Do" attitude and instowed such confidence in not only my life but everyone that ever came in contact with them. You can do anything that you set our minds too if only you can break it down into pieces and just tackle one piece at a time, for the rest will fall into place.

My greatest accomplishment was finishing my first bathroom upgrades in my first home which helped me to sell my home is less than 3 days by myself with a For Sale By Owner sign and no more. Plus I got $10,000 more for it in just 4 years of owning it, now that is great equity.

I am CEO and founder of Spirit Heart Therapeutic Riding Center, inc a 501c3 Non Profit for Rescued Horses and At Risk Kids. It is because of my own Mother intervention, who stepped up and shared her own love of horses with me as an at risk child myself that she planted this seed. So this program was created and is her Legacy that I have been so guided to share with those in need. We teach natural horsemanship to both horse and child and I get to watch some pretty amazing things happen. The kids learn to overcome fears, gain confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills where the horses have a chance at a life where they are trained, loved and respected and become a part of something that saves a child looking for a place to belong. If you support my Dream in bringing this program to life then please Donate to the cause and know that you are touching so many lives by doing so. God Bless You!

Nursing School, 1 1/2 years of a 2 year RN program, 1976 US Army, Intelligence School, Image Interpreter, 1977 Thomas Nelson Community College, Mechanical Drafting, 1980 Newport News Shipbuilding, Designer Training Program, 1981 School Of Hard Knocks

Honorable Discharge from US ARMY, Certificate of Achievement for Graduating with Honor's from Military Intelligence School, Ft Huachuca AZ. Award from Planning Research Corporation for a Job Well Done, NASA/Langley. Hand Selected to be an Internal Auditor for an ISO 9000 Certification Program for one of my longest employers, Lockwood Greene, ATL, GA. Multiple Letters of Appreciation.