Plumbing in the Home/Frost free hose bib

Question
Just tried to hook up hose to outside "frost free" hose bib and cannot get any water out of it.  Last summer we noticed that we had to push in as we turned the handle in order to get it to turn on and off.  Now, the handle moves the same way, but the water never comes out. I suspect the washer may be stuck, thereby blocking the water flow.  Is there any way to get it loose without having to remove the entire hose bib assembly?

Answer
Hello JC,
The nature and construction of a Frost free hose bibb is such that servicing them, like replacing a washer is next to impossible. The actual washer and seat are located 8-12 inches back from the actual handle. There really is no way to replace a washer if it is actually stuck to the seat.

In some instances these closets actually have an interior shutoff valve. You might check if there is one and if it is shut off.
Dana

Plumbing in the Home

Dana Bostick